Sunday, June 11, 2006

Summer is here... Time to learn and grow

Well, along with the nice weather and longer days, come more opportunities (and sometimes more challenges).

I think that in the summer time I am more motivated to work hard and go out of my comfort zone. Also, I feel like I am ready to learn new things as I continue my search for personal development.

I guess if I was still a young person in school, I would look at summer differently after having spent 9 months straight sitting in a classroom. Now that I am older (and maybe wiser) I want to spend more time during the summer working on becoming better and more useful in my industry.

Speaking of which, www.PDforFree.com is a great site for learning more about personal development and knowing what books are worth reading (since there are so many that are written and few that have good content).

Also, I like the One Minute Mentor program which gives me a 1 minute message each week that I can focus on as I work on self mastery and developing new habits.

Anywho, I better get to work so I have some free time later to work on personal development.

UPDATE: 12-1-2006 - www.PDForFree.com has a blog section that has great content and stories that make so much sense.